Last edit: February 5, 2014
California Healthcom Group dba DOCHOO ("DOCHOO", "we", "us", or "our") owns and operates software applications, websites, and products located at www.dochoo.com, and mobile applications associated with said software applications, websites, and products (collectively, the "Product"). We hereby offer a revocable license to use Product in the manner prescribed herein and elsewhere within Product; namely, the license to use online services and mobile applications which provide healthcare professionals and patients (collectively hereinafter as, the "Subscribers") with access to communicate with each other in a secure and user- friendly manner (the "Services") for medical end-use (as such term is defined by Category 5, part 2 of Supplement No. 1 to Part 774 of the Export Administration Regulations of the United States of America.
Although DOCHOO reserves the right to amend the Terms of Service, at this time there is no cost or fee to use the Product and/or Services other than costs, if any, charged by your own internet service provider for use of the internet and/or the costs, if any, charged by your mobile device service provider for data usage.
Upon registering for, and downloading the Product, Subscribers are able to transfer encrypted high-resolution photos, documents, text messages and voice messages via a text messaging and data sharing platform without providing personally identifiable information other than a secure pin (the "PIN") and/or code (the "QR code"). The following Terms of Service form a binding agreement between you and us, whether or not you register and become a Subscriber or simply browse the Product as a "Guest", where "you" or "your" refers to the person accessing or using the Product or Services. Subscribers and Guests may be referred to collectively as "Users".
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING THE PRODUCT OR USING THE SERVICES YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS PRODUCT OR THE SERVICES.
We may at our sole discretion modify, add or delete portions of these Terms Of Service at any time. It is your responsibility to review these Terms Of Service for changes prior to use of the Product or Services. Your use of the Product or Services following the posting of changes to these Terms Of Service constitutes your acceptance of any modifications. We will notify you of any such material changes by posting notice of the changes on the Product. DOCHOO may in the future release new services, features, and/or tools through the Product. Any new releases shall be subject to these Terms of Service.
By using our Product, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. If we find a User to be under 18 years old, we will take reasonable measures to remove that user's personal information from our database.
1. USERS. You guarantee that all information you provide to DOCHOO is true, accurate and current. You agree to maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate and current. If we have reasonable grounds to believe that such information is not correct, we may deny or terminate your access to the Product or Services. We are, however, under no duty or obligation to investigate or confirm the truth, nor the accuracy of any information, nor are we under any obligation to investigate or confirm the credentials of any party.
Services are only available to Subscribers who set up and register an account prior to accessing the Services ("Account").
Setting up an Account as a healthcare professional:
When you set up an Account, as a healthcare professional you are asked to enter the following information:
1. email address
2. first and last name
4. languages spoken
7. hospital affiliations
8. accepted insurances
9. phone number
10. DEA number
11. NPI number
12. Medical License number
13. office name and address
14. office website and contact information.
The Account is set up with the email and a password of the healthcare professional's choosing.
Setting up an Account as a patient:
When you set up an Account, as a Patient you are asked to enter the following information ("Patient Information"):
1. email address
2. first and last name
4. date of birth
5. medical conditions (optional)
6. surgeries (optional)
7. medications (optional)
8. allergies (optional)
9. insurance (optional)
The Account is set up with the email and a password of the patient's choosing.
You are responsible for the security and confidentiality of your Account (including login and password). DOCHOO does not have access to your password. DOCHOO will only have access to your user name for recovery reasons. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, including the use by others to whom you have provided your account details. You agree to immediately notify DOCHOO of any unauthorized use of your Account. DOCHOO will take reasonable measures to regain the security of your Account by changing passwords, requesting additional authenticating information or closing your Account. You are responsible for any uses under your Account, including but not limited to, changes, transmissions, postings, advice, and prescriptions.
DOCHOO shall not be held liable to you or any third party for any damages arising from the use of the Product and/or Services, or your Account, whether or not you authorized the use. You should NEVER share your username or password with anyone else other than your legal healthcare power of attorney. DOCHOO does not consent to any use of another person's Account, and revokes any and all licenses to use the Product and/or Services while using someone else's Account. There shall be a rebuttable presumption that the Account holder is the user of an Account whenever an Account has been accessed and/or used.
Additional Terms Applicable to Healthcare Professionals Only:
a. You represent and warrant that you have a healthcare background, a valid medical license, a valid DEA# and a valid NPI#. You understand that any advice provided through DOCHOO is not a representation of DOCHOO, but only your own. You agree to immediately refer a Subscriber to seek the proper avenue for treatment if the DOCHOO platform is not adequate for the circumstances.
Additional Terms Applicable to Patients Only:
a. You understand, accept, and assume all of the risks inherent in communicating with parties with whom you cannot see nor hear. You understand and accept the inherent risk that a party holding themselves out to be a healthcare professional may not actually be duly licensed, may not be properly qualified, may not be properly educated, may not be properly credentialed, may not be practicing with the proper standard of care, and may not even be who they say they are. As with all communications occurring in cyberspace, there should always be a level of caution and verification taken on your part to mitigate inherent risks. You understand and accept that you hereby assume all risks inherent with the use of the Product and Services.
b. You understand and accept that you are under no obligation to use the Product or Services, and that you may always choose to communicate with healthcare professionals using other methods of communication.
d. You understand and acknowledge that the "Healthcare Professionals" on DOCHOO may not have sufficient information to provide you with an accurate diagnosis. Healthcare Professionals will only provide non-emergency services and limited advice based on the information you have provided. You understand that the best advice and care is provided by your primary care physician who is able to examine you in person and has access to your medical history. You promise to seek emergency assistance when needed, and continue to consult your primary care physician. You understand that the Services offered by DOCHOO are not meant to be a substitute for the care provided by your physician or other qualified healthcare professionals. You agree to not use DOCHOO's in an emergency situation. In case of an emergency you will immediately contact the appropriate agency, specifically 911 or your local emergency service.
2. ACCESS RIGHTS.
We grant you access to the Product and use of the Services, upon your successfully creation of an Account.
The access is non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, and subject to the Terms of Service.
You agree that you will not use the Product or the Services in any manner beyond those specifically allowed in the Terms of Service. Further, you agree to not: a) use in a harmful way to yourself or any third party; b) copy, modify, or create a similar version of the Product, the Services, concept, software or material; or c) share, sell, lease, or transfer your access.
We reserve the right to deny access to the Product and/or Services to anyone for any reason. You are responsible for any use of the Product and/or Services under your Account and therefore responsible for any violations of the Terms of Service, whether performed by you or someone with access to your account.
3. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE PRODUCT AND SERVICE. You agree to use the Product and Service only in the manner for which it is intended. You agree to a) abide by all local, state, national or international law; b) use the Services to communicate with Subscribers in a professional and truthful manner; c) not collect data that is not intended for your or your personal use; d) represent yourself in a truthful manner, absent of false names or misrepresentations; e) download safe links, articles, information that will not cause harm to the network or any other Subscribers; f) not copy, emulate, or reverse engineer any part of the Product or its Services. You agree that your use of the Product and Services constitutes an agreement to the above responsibility and limitations of use.
4. MODIFICATIONS TO TERMS OF SERVICE. We reserve the right to change, make additions or deletions to the Terms of Service. The modifications to the Terms of Services will be made available on the Product. By using the Product or Services you confirm your agreement to modifications. It is your responsibility to periodically review the Terms of Service for any modifications. If you do not agree with any of the changes, then you should no longer access the Product and Services.
5. FEES AND PURCHASE TERMS. There are no fees to use the DOCHOO Product or Services. DOCHOO reserves the right to charge a fee in the future. Any change in fee terms will be communicated to you via email. If you do not agree with any change to the fees, your only recourse will be to no longer use DOCHOO Products and its Services.
6. ELIMINATION OF OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE PRODUCT OR SERVICES. DOCHOO may from time to time modify, update or alter the Product and/or Services. Your continued use of the Product and/or Services after such modifications, updates or alterations constitutes your agreement and satisfaction with the changes. In the event that you do not agree or are not satisfied with the changes you should discontinue the use of the Product and Services. DOCHOO reserves the right to eliminate the Product and/or Services for any reason. We will not be liable to you or any third parties for any changes or the elimination of the Product or Services.
8. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION. DOCHOO has not reviewed all of the material on the Product. DOCHOO does not warrant that any of the content, newsfeeds, profiles, pictures, photographs, descriptions, or links on the Product is accurate, updated, reliable, properly owned or licensed, complete, or error-free. You agree to notify DOCHOO of any inconsistencies, errors, or inaccuracies you may discover on the Product. DOCHOO will take reasonable measures to investigate and make any necessary corrections.
10. LINKS. DOCHOO's inclusion of links to other websites is simply for your convenience. In no way should the inclusion of a link be seen as an endorsement of the link or the content within its website. It is your sole responsibility to investigate and gather the information necessary to make a determination of whether or not you would like to use the link. DOCHOO will not be liable for any links or information contained on other websites. DOCHOO will not be liable for your use of any links. DOCHOO will not be liable for any other websites failure to abide by necessary guidelines, rules or laws.
11. OWNERSHIP. The DOCHOO software is property of DOCHOO and your use of the Product and Services in no way extends to ownership of the software or any part of DOCHOO. You do not have authorization to copy, modify, reproduce, republish, or sale any part of DOCHOO or its Service. You are subject to the copyright and intellectual property rules applicable to this technology. Nothing in these Terms of Service extends you any right to use the Product nor the Services in any other way than as described in these Terms of Service.
12. TERMINATION. You may terminate your subscription with DOCHOO at any time. Please email Cancel@dochoo.com or call (323) 261-5866 to delete your account. DOCHOO will take reasonable measures to delete any information posted that has not been deleted prior to your cancellation of your account. DOCHOO is not responsible for retrieving any information you have provided to third parties from such third parties, and is similarly not responsible for deleting any information held by others.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. DOCHOO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION. DOCHOO MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE PRODUCT OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ACCESS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. DOCHOO MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ANY DOWNLOADS, FROM THE PRODUCT OR ORIGINATING FROM THE PRODUCT, WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES AND/OR HARMFULL DATA.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the total liability, of DOCHOO and DOCHOO's officers, directors, partners, employees and subcontractors, to the Subscriber and anyone claiming by or through the Subscriber, for any and all claims, losses, costs or damages, including attorneys' fees and costs and expert-witness fees and costs of any nature whatsoever or claims expenses resulting from or in any way related to the Product and its Services shall not exceed the total amount of $1.00. It is intended that this limitation apply to any and all liability or cause of action however alleged or arising, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
15. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DOCHOO, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, co-branders, suppliers and other contract relationship, and the officers, directors, employees, consultants, and agents of each, and other Subscribers and Guests, from and against any and all third-party claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from (1) User Content and any information you submit, post or transmit through the Product or Services, (2) your use of the Product or Services, (3) your violation of these Terms Of Service, (4) your violation of any rights of any other person or entity or (5) any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or other similar harmful input by you into the Services.
16. TRADEMARKS. You are not authorized to use any names, logos, or any other materials shown or used by the Product or Services that may be considered a trademark, trade name, services mark or logos ("Trademarks"). The Trademarks and goodwill attached to Trademarks are sole property of DOCHOO or their respective entities.
17. GEOGRAPHICAL RESTRICTIONS.
It is your responsibility to abide by local, federal, and international laws when using the Product and its Services.
DOCHOO makes no representation that the Product or its Services are available outside of the United States and Mexico, or will be available without interruptions.
All other websites, products or services offered through our Product and Services are subject to their own terms of service, privacy policies and laws.
IF YOU ARE WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES, YOU ARE EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN TO USE THE PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF YOUR CITIZENSHIP, RESIDENCY, OR ANY OTHER FACTORS:
3. North Korea
19. ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Terms Of Service, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
20. ATTORNEY FEES. In the event either party should ever institute or defend an action or proceeding in court to enforce and/or interpret these Terms of Service, the prevailing party at such action or proceeding shall be entitled to reasonable attorney's fees and costs.
21. SEVERABILITY. In the event that a court may deem any portion of this Terms of Service to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms of Service will remain valid and in full force.
22. NETWORK CONNECTIVITY. DOCHOO does not guarantee nor control the Internet or data bandwidth associated with your mobile devices.
23. CUSTOMER CONDUCT.
You agree to conduct yourself in a professional and proper manner.
Subscribers agree to not use offensive, harassing, or violent language while using the DOCHOO platforms.
In addition to other limitations set forth in these Terms of Service, by using the Product and/or Services, you agree not to:
(1) Use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Service;
(2) Interfere with the operation of the Product and/or Services, or with any other person's use thereo;
(3) Impose an unreasonable burden on the Service or network;
(4) Breach or attempt to breach, the security of the Product and/or Services, nor the privacy and/or security of other users of the Product and/or Services;
(5) Gain unauthorized access to the Services or any part thereof;
(6) Use the Service for any purpose that is beyond the scope of the Service's expected use, illegal or prohibited by these Terms of Service;
(7) To solicit any activity, unlawful or otherwise, that infringes DOCHOO's rights or the rights of any other party;
(8) Use the Service to transmit spam, junk email, bulk email, promotions, or other solicitations, content that includes any advertising or marketing materials; content that may be deemed lawful, threatening, harassing, racist, abusive, libelous, pornographic, vulgar, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate, including any messages constituting or encouraging criminal conduct; content that violates or infringes on our legal rights or copyrights, or the legal rights or copyrights of others; or viruses, bugs, worms, or any other computer code that may harm a network, computer, server, hardware, software, or telephone comment; and,
(9) Any other conduct which DOCHOO deems harmful to DOCHOO, the Product and/or Services, or any other user of the Product and/or Services.
24. VIOLATIONS. Please report any violations of these TERMS OF SERVICE to Legal@dochoo.com
25. VENUE AND CONFLICT OF LAWS. Any dispute arising from this contractual relationship shall be governed by California law, and shall be decided solely and exclusively by State or Federal courts and/or arbitrators located in Los Angeles, California without giving effect to any conflicts of law principles of such state that might refer the governance, construction or interpretation of this Terms Of Service to the Laws of another jurisdiction. Any party who unsuccessfully challenges the enforceability of this forum selection clause shall reimburse the prevailing party for its attorney's fees, and the party prevailing in any such dispute shall be awarded its attorneys' fees.
DOCHOO, and its Products and Services are specifically designed for medical end-use only, and are therefore not "controlled" under the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR").
To the extent that any portion of DOCHOO, the Product, or the Services, are not specifically designed for medical end-use, DOCHOO, including its Product and Services, may be classified as 5x992 under EAR.
DOCHOO may not be used within the Forbidden Countries, as set forth in this Agreement herein above. Furthermore, DOCHOO may not be used by any foreign governments in any manner whatsoever. DOCHOO, its Product and its Services, may only be used by "private sector end-users" as that term is defined by Title 15 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 740.17(b)(4), in the manner prescribed herein this Agreement, and under the laws of any location it is used. To the extent that usage of the Product and/or Services is in contravention of any law, foreign or domestic, such usage is in violation of this Agreement.
Current Version: February 5, 2014.
Date of Prior Versions: January 20, 2014
Date of last revision: January 22, 2014
Your privacy matters to us!
Because we are not a "covered entity" nor a "business associate," as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA"), our current activities do not fall under HIPAA requirements. Nevertheless, had we been subject to HIPAA rules, we believe we would be compliant with HIPAA because we take great efforts to protect your information from unintended disclosure, including use of HIPAA-approved systems of transmitting and storing information, including specifically, state-of-the-art HIPAA-approved encryption methods and HIPAA-approved data storage. We also do NOT require anyone to disclose, as a requirement for use of our Products and/or Services, the type of private health information that is otherwise protected under HIPAA.
"Personal Information" includes your contact information, specifically: name, address, email address, or telephone number. "Personal Identifiable Health Information" (also referred to as "PIHI") refers to information about your health that is not publically available (collectively, Personal Information and PIHI referred to as the "Information").
"Non-Identifying Information" refers to certain information collected during a Subscriber's or Guest's (as defined in the Terms of Service agreement) use of the Product and/or Services which does not in any way identify the Subscriber or Guest. This type of information includes, but is not limited to, browser information, computer information, regional information, language preferences, referring sites, and the date, time, and duration of each visit.
"Healthcare Professionals" refers to any Subscriber who creates an account on the Product and/or Services under the heading of "Healthcare Professional". The defined term does not imply any warranty or guarantee that a user registering as a "Healthcare Professional" is actually qualified, licensed, credentialed, or even competent. Patients will need to make any determination of a Healthcare Professionals actual qualifications on their own, using their own judgment, based upon their own relationship with the Healthcare Professional, and any other means of due diligence available to them.
"Patients" refers to any Subscriber who creates an account on the Product and/or Services under the heading of "Patient." The defined term, and the usage of the term on this website, does not imply any warranty or guarantee that a user registering as a "Patient" is actually a patient, sick, unhealthy, looking for counseling or treatment ,or seeking any other aid or assistance. There is no requirement that a registered "Patient" on our Service actually be a person in need of counseling or treatment, or be a patient anywhere, neither sick, unhealthy, or in any way disabled or otherwise infirmed.
We do not require any Subscriber to disclose PIHI in order to use our Service.
Disclosing PIHI while on the Service is voluntary and not a prerequisite for using the Service. You can create a Patient account without ever disclosing any PIHI. It is totally optional. Accordingly, any and all voluntary disclosures of PIHI are not subject to any of the requirements of HIPAA, or any other law stemming from HIPAA.
IF YOU SHARE ANY PIHI, YOU DO SO WITH KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WERE NOT REQUIRED TO DO SO, AND YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT ANY SUCH DISCLOSURES OF PIHI ARE NOT PROTECTED BY HIPAA BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR USE OF SERVICES.
Healthcare Professional Information:
We receive information from Subscriber's who register on DOCHOO as Healthcare Professionals. When you set up an Account as a Healthcare Professional you are asked to enter the following information:
Accounts are set up for log-in using an email address as a username, and a password for security. The password is selected by the Healthcare Professional, and the Healthcare Professional takes all responsibility for choosing a password that is sufficiently secure. In addition, we will collect Non-Identifying information.
We receive information from Subscriber's who register as "Patients" on DOCHOO. When you set up an Account, as a Patient you are asked to enter the following information:
Accounts are set up for log-in using an email address as a username, and a password for security. The password is selected by the Patient, and the Patient takes all responsibility for choosing a password that is sufficiently secure. In addition, we will collect Non-Identifying Information.
We collect Non-Identifying Information from Guests who visit the site, but do not sign up for an account.
Information We Collect via Technology.
Cookies are used to collect Non-Identifying Information from all users of the Product, including Guests who do not actually subscribe to an account. The Non-Identifying Information collected includes, but is not limited to:
You have the option to limit the access of Cookies via your browser and other software applications, but keep in mind that restricting access of Cookies may interfere with the full experience the Services have to offer.
Information We Collect via Mobile Services.
We collect Non-Identifying Information from your mobile device in the same manner we collect from the web browser. This information is generally used to assist us in improving the Services. Some examples of collected information via the mobile application are:
The collection of this data is for the purpose of providing you with the best possible service on the applications. DOCHOO is able to identify and correct bugs that may be in the application with the assistance of the Non-Identifying Information. This information is not traceable to a specific individual and cannot be utilized to identify a single person. The information is sent as a batch of data report.
Information From Users Who Register as Healthcare Professionals.
We will use your information to:
Information from Patients.
We will use your information to:
If you decide to opt-out of receiving emails from us, please submit your request to Support@dochoo.com or call us at (323) 261-5866. Please note that even if you elect to opt-out, we may still send you certain Product related communications that we deem important.
DOCHOO does not sell or share any information submitted by Subscribers to any third party.
DOCHOO will only decode encrypted information when required to comply with relevant laws or to respond to request from law enforcement or other government officials relating to investigations or alleged illegal activity, in which case we may disclose Personal Information without subpoenas or warrants to such parties and agencies. Please note that information saved in our database is only for a limited time. Once the information is deleted from the servers the information is gone and unable to be retrieved.
Patients and Healthcare Professionals can become 'linked together' through the PIN and/or QR code system. The PIN/QR Code system provides each linked party with the key to decrypt encrypted information received from the other party, but only after a Healthcare Professional has provided a PIN and/or QR code to the Patient, and only after the Patient has chosen to use the PIN and/or QR code. Upon linking together, each will have access to the other's profile and details submitted. For example, Healthcare Professional will have access to the Patient's first name, last name, email address, sex, and date of birth. If the Patient inputted optional information, such as medical conditions, surgeries, medications, allergies, and insurance, such information will also be disclosed to the linked Healthcare Professional.
Although, Information that may identify a Subscriber is not shared (except as set forth above with regard to linked parties), Non-Identifying Information may be shared with third parties who may be hired by DOCHOO to enhance the functionality, efficiency or visibility of the Product. Third parties may include contractors, consultants, affiliates and/or employees of DOCHOO.
Modification of Information by DOCHOO.
Subscribers may update, change, delete or add information to their profiles at anytime. DOCHOO only requires a name and email address to be part of the profile at all times. Aside from being able to delete a Subscriber's account, in total, DOCHOO cannot verify, modify or otherwise alter any of Subscriber's information. Subscribers may delete their account by sending a request to Cancel@dochoo.com or by calling (323) 261-5866
We take strong measures to protect your information. Data transmitted on our Service is protected by 256-bit AES encryption system from the moment it is inputted and transmitted by the Subscriber. The encrypted data is then transported via WAP or cellular towers, as the case may be, then on to routers and/or cellular data networks, where such encrypted data is inevitably stored (temporarily) in a HIPAA compliant cloud based storage service while still in encrypted form.
Ultimately, you are responsible for the security of your account and any information you decide to share. In order to protect the information transmitted through our database all communications are encrypted. Subscribers have the option to retain communications with other Subscribers on their mobile devices for a period of time of their choosing, but not to exceed 28 days. They have the option to save communication logs for 7 days, 14 days or 28 days. Once the communication is deleted from the server it will not be retrievable.
While we try to use the highest level of security measures, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit during your communications with other Subscribers. Due to the ever-evolving technology available, DOCHOO cannot guarantee your transmissions over the Internet or data storage facilities will be secure. Any transmissions you make, you do so at your own risk.
You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to Report@dochoo.com.
Children under age 18.
The Product is not designed nor geared for children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 do not input any Information or use our Product and/or Services.
Terms of Service.
Please take the time to also review the Terms of Service, as they apply to all guests and Subscribers.
At Dochoo, we are SERIOUS about protecting your data. PERIOD.
We are committed to simplifying the provider patient engagement experience through the use of innovative and secure proprietary technologies. Our goal is to enable providers the ability to manage, educate, connect with patients in a new way. Dochoo's HIPAA security policies and protocols are engineered to deliver the highest level of security to patient health information, in compliance with applicable laws. We established a very rigor protocol to address our compliance with HIPAA and HITECH as we know how important security means to our users.
Our team of expert advisors ranging from security experts to physicians ensure that we are constantly updating our security features including but not limited to data encryption, hosting and storage security, management security policy and protocols. We strive to protect your data and we mean it.
For more information about our security policy, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear you!